Competition Terms & Conditions
- This year's competition will be judged by: Pre-school Children (details of the Pre-School partner will be supplied in the next few days)
- Entry is open to all residents Australia wide
- (Employees and their immediate families of and associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.)
- To appeal to judges, entrants may wish to consider the following when creating their displays: Visual appeal and Uniqueness
- Simply take a photo of your house’s Christmas Lights and post it to the Christmas World Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ChristmasWorldAU , with a description as to why your house is the best-dressed house looking through the eyes of a child
- Children from the Selected Pre-School mentioned above will choose First and Second prize– at the end of the voting period, the most liked house by the judges will win 100% cash back that they have spent at Christmas World during October 2017 to December 20th (All receipts of purchases made during October 2017 and December 20th 2017 must be presented by the winner to claim the first prize.
- The competition commences at 9:00AM AEDST 14/12/2017 and concludes at 10:00PM AEST 03rd January 2018.
- The winners will be announced on the 5th January on the Christmas World website and Facebook page.
- First Prize winner will receive 100% cash back that they have spent at Christmas World during October 2017 to December 20th (All receipts of purchases made during October 2017 and December 20th 2017 must be presented by the winner to claim the first prize, The second prize is a $300 Christmas World Shopping Voucher
- The winners will have three months to claim their prize. If unclaimed there will be a redraw. Redraw date will be March 21, 2017.
- The winner will have 12 months to use their voucher. It is not redeemable for cash.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Christmas World, or circumstances which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to government legislation.
- You can contact Christmas World via the email address: email@example.com
- All entrants must adhere to the full terms and conditions.
Entries for the Major Prize must be contained within the entrant’s private property and not encroach onto public land nor onto neighbour’s property. request that entrants be mindful of neighbours and their quiet enjoyment of the street, and that they comply with all relevant laws in the creation and display of their entry.
The misuse of electricity can cause injury or death. Entrants must not use any indoor lighting products outside and must comply with the safety instructions of all electrical products used. Electrical safety is paramount and must be exercised at all times.
NB: misuse, uninformed use or unsupervised use of electricity could lead to your disqualification from the competition. Inspections by qualified electricians to check the safety of the entrants display are encouraged. Entrants must plan to ensure road safety of their display. For safety and security reasons Christmas World recommend that Christmas Lights displays are designed to be removed and secured overnight. The security of all aspects of the displays is the sole responsibility of the entrant.
Ultimately, you as the home owner or resident are responsible for your display. We would recommend that people not be invited on to your property as that would considerably increase any potential risk you may have. Christmas World accept no responsibility for any actions or incidents relating to or occurring during the Christmas World Turn Your Lights promotion at or near the property of any individual entrant. It is advised that you ensure that your home insurance policy protects you in relation to anything you propose doing as part of your participation